Korean BBQ Sauce
Grill up your favorite meats with this tangy sauce!
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Optional
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian toasted sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Stir the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, black pepper, and Sriracha (if you're using it) together in a saucepan and get that stuff boiling.
Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a separate small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves, then pour that into the soy sauce mixture while it's still boiling. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook until the sauce is nice and thick, 3 to 5 minutes.