Homemade Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar you can also use red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional for added flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup optional, for a touch of sweetness
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl, add the balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Whisk them together until well combined.
Slowly drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil into the bowl while whisking continuously. This helps emulsify the vinaigrette and gives it a smooth texture.
If using minced garlic, add it to the mixture and whisk until evenly distributed. The garlic will add a nice depth of flavor to the dressing.
add honey or maple syrup and whisk it in for a hint of sweetness. This step is optional but balances the acidity and adds a delightful taste.
Season the vinaigrette with salt and freshly ground black pepper according to your preferences. Start with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, then adjust as needed.
Taste the vinaigrette and adjust the ingredients as desired. You can add more vinegar for tanginess, oil for creaminess, or sweetener for balance.
Once the vinaigrette is well combined and to your liking, transfer it to a clean glass jar or airtight container. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week
• Feel free to customize the vinaigrette by adding herbs like basil, oregano, or thyme for additional flavor.
• Shake the vinaigrette well before each use, as the oil and vinegar may naturally separate over time.
Now you have a versatile and delicious homemade vinaigrette to dress up your salads, roasted vegetables, or grilled meats. Enjoy!