Savory Beef and Rice Skillet
A delightfully savory beef and vegetable stir-fry over rice.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lbs beef top sirloin steak thinly sliced, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp onion seasoning
- 1/2 cup bourbon glaze You can get this pre-bottled at the store or online
- 3 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 14.5 oz beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 14 oz frozen brocolli stir-fy style
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook the steak with the onion seasoning and saute until and cooked to desired doneness.
Add and stir 1/2 cup of the bourbon gaze until warm. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside.
Add the rice, water, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Mix in the frozen vegetables and continue simmering until the vegetables are crisp and tender.
Spoon the steak mixture over the cooked rice and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste and spring chopped green onions to garnish.