Spinach Alfredo Sauce
Also works great as a bread stick dipping sauce!
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup thawed frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Cook the spinach in there until it's warmed, about 1 minute. Add in cream and cream cheese and continue cooking and stirring until the cream cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Fold the Parmesan and garlic powder into mix and season with your preference of salt and pepper. Let it simmer until the sauce has thickened and becomes smooth, about 10 more minutes.