Egg Drop Soup
Savory egg drop soup, thick as you like.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- 2 teaspoons water (optional)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper (optional)
Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce and sesame oil in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
If you want your soup a little thicker, this is where you'll use the cornstarch. Stir it together with the water so it dissolves, then pour it into the broth while it's still boiling.
Stir the broth gently as you pour in the egg. Add the yellow food coloring if you want more of a customary yellow color.
Season the soup with chives, and add salt and pepper to taste.