Crunchy Roast Beef Quesadilla Wraps
This simple and slightly crispy quesadilla is a perfect meal on busy weeknights.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mexicana crema
- 1 tsp lime zest plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño chile halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 poblano chile halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 small white onion quartered and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 8 oz Cheddar-Jack cheese shredded
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 lb perfect roasted beef tenderloin
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips crushed
First, the lime crema: Mix together the mayonnaise, the Mexican crema, the lime zest, and lime juice in a bowl until it's well combined, and then cover and chill until you're ready to use it.
Next, the quesadilla wraps: Preheat the grill to high and toss the jalapeño chile, the poblano chile, and the onion with 1 tablespoon of the oil and place them on the oiled grates. Grill until tender and charred and then chop 'em up.
Mix the beans, cilantro, vinegar, salt, cumin, chopped chiles, chopped onion, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil together in a medium bowl.
Add 2 tablespoons of the cheese down the center of each tortilla, and top each with 3 ounces of beef and 2 tablespoons of black beans, then sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheese and crushed chips.
Fold 1 side of 1 tortilla to the center so it partially covers the filling. Take the right corner of the fold, and bring it to the center. Continue around tortilla, folding corners to the center, to create a hexagon. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium. Place 2 filled tortillas, folded sides down, in the skillet, and cook until golden brown. Flip carefully, and cook until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas. Serve immediately with the lime crema.