Cajun Seafood Pasta
Creamy pasta and spicy seafood collide in a single dish!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- ½ pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ pound scallops
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta
Boil up the pasta in a pot of salted water. Make sure you get it al dente.
While that's doing its thing, pour the cream into a large skillet. Cook that over medium heat while stirring constantly right up until it starts boiling. Turn the heat down and add in the herbs, salt, peppers, onions, and parsley. Let that mix simmer until it's nice and thick, around 7 to 8 minutes.
Stir in the shrimp and scallops, making sure to cook until the shrimp loses its transparency Stir in the Swiss and Parmesan cheeses, blending well.
Drain out the pasta, and serve the sauce over it.