Beer Cheese Fondue
Two kinds of cheese plus beer equals dipping perfection.
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic halved
- 1 12 fluid ounce can/bottle beer
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
In a bowl, combine both cheeses with the flour, salt, and black pepper.
Rub the cut side of the garlic clove around bottom and sides of a fondue pot.
Pour the beer into the pot and slowly get it simmering over medium-low heat, about 5 minutes.
Gradually stir the cheese mix into the beer in the pot, adding small amounts at a time, until the cheese has melted and blended, 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir the pepper sauce into the mixture to finish it off.