Mixed Berry Crisp
A total treat for the tastebuds and the soul.
- 2 12- ounce packages frozen mixed berries unthawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter diced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine berries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and lemon juice in large bowl; toss to coat well. Transfer berry mixture to mini ceramic pie dish. Combine remaining 3/4 cup flour, oats, brown sugar, spices and salt in medium bowl. Add butter; rub in with fingertips until topping holds together in small moist crumbly pieces. Sprinkle this over the berry mixture.
Bake crisp until berry mixture bubbles thickly and topping is golden brown, about 1 hour. Let stand 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.