Franks, Beans, and Rice
A campfire classic with a little extra texture.
- 4 beef or turkey hot dogs sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 16 ounce can baked beans
- 2 8.8 ounce packages microwavable whole grain brown rice
- 1 cup frozen green petite peas thawed
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese plus more for topping if desired
In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the hot dog pieces until they're lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the beans and turn the heat down to a low simmer. Let it cook for about 10 minutes.
In a separate saucepan over medium heat, cook the peas until they're heated through.
Prepare the rice according to the package directions, then stir in the peas and Cheddar cheese. Spoon the rice mix into four serving bowls.
Spoon the dogs and beans over the rice, and top with some extra cheese if you like.