Homemade Thai Green Curry
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces (or tofu for vegetarian/vegan option)
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 can 14 oz coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or soy sauce for vegetarian/vegan option
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves or regular basil leaves
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the green curry paste and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the chicken or tofu to the skillet and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned.
Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until softened.
Add the sliced bell peppers and zucchini to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
Pour in the coconut milk and chicken or vegetable broth, and stir to combine.
Add the fish sauce (soy sauce) and palm sugar (brown sugar), and stir to dissolve.
Bring the curry to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until the chicken or tofu is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Stir in the Thai basil leaves (or regular basil leaves) and turn off the heat.
Serve the green curry hot with steamed rice or noodles.