These wraps are packed with veggies and healthy proteins for an easy make-ahead lunch.
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 4 15 ounce cans black beans
- 2 15.5 ounce cans pinto beans
- 1 10 ounce can whole kernel corn
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 16 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 pound shredded pepperjack cheese
In a saucepan, combine the rice and water and get it boiling. Turn the heat down to low, put the cover on, and let it simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Take it off the heat and let it cool.
Meanwhile, place both the black and pinto beans into a colander or strainer, and rinse them off. Add in the corn and diced tomatoes with green chilies, then toss it around to mix. Transfer everything to a large bowl, then mix in the prepped rice and pepperjack cheese.
Get out the tortillas and divide the filling mixture evenly among them. Roll the tortillas up.
If you wanna save them for later, individually wrap the wraps in plastic wrap. Put all of the wrapped wraps into a big freezer bag, and freeze. When it's lunch time, heat them back up in the microwave.