Warm, gooey, and super cheesy! Here's a classic snack that's perfect for the buffet table.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 pound shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1 pound loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
Get the wine simmering in the fondue pot, then add both cheeses, 1/4 pound at a time. Make sure to stir after you add each new bit of cheese until it's melted. When the cheese is all in, stir in the flour. When everything has melted, stir in the salt and nutmeg. Serve with bread cubes for dipping.