Korean Ground Beef Bowl
This Korean-style rice bowl will really stick to your ribs!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 stalks green onions chopped, divided
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Heat up a big skillet on medium-high heat. Cook the beef in the skillet, crumbling it into smaller pieces and stirring it around until it's browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain out any excess grease.
Add the garlic, ginger, and sesame oil to the skillet and stir until they become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper. Keep cooking until some of the sauce absorbs into the beef, about 7 minutes. Add 1/2 of the chopped green onions.
Serve the prepped beef over the rice and garnish with the sesame seeds and leftover green onions.