The second best pasta for delicious fillings (the first is ravioli).
- 1 12 ounce package jumbo pasta shells
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 32 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 28 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
Turn the oven up to 350 F.
Get a big pot of lightly salted water boiling, and cook the shells in there for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
In a big bowl, mix the eggs, ricotta, half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper until it's all well combined. Stuff the cooked shells with that mix, then place them in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a separate medium bowl, stir the pasta sauce, mushrooms and reserved mozzarella and Parmesan together. Pour that sauce over the shells in the dish.
Bake the dish in the preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes until the edges are bubbly and the shells have set slightly.