A fully loaded burrito crammed into a spicy casserole.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 2 ounce can black olives, sliced
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chile peppers
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 16 ounce jar taco sauce
- 2 16 ounce cans refried beans
- 12 8 inch flour tortillas
- 9 ounces shredded Colby cheese
Turn the oven up to 350 F.
In a big skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground beef for 5 minutes, then add in the onion and garlic. Continue to sauté for 5 more minutes, draining out any excess fat if you want it a little leaner. Mix in the olives, green chiles, tomatoes with green chile peppers, taco sauce and refried beans. Give all of that a thorough stir, then turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Spread a thin layer of the meat mix on the bottom of a 4 quart casserole dish. Alternate layers of tortillas, meat, and cheese until all of the ingredients have been used up, topping off with one last layer of meat and cheese.
Bake the dish in the prepped oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.